Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Easiest Tool for Better Search Engine Results

Getting visitors to your website depends on several factors. In the long run, the very best way to boost your visitors is simply to create lots of good content that your target audience will want to read.

That said, a well-written page title, meta description, and keyword list are all helpful in raising your web page's search engine ranking. So how do you find the right words to create these key elements? For years, I used Google's Adsense keyword tool to guide me.

Today, I tend to use a much simpler approach: I enter my topic (stated fairly specifically) into the Google search box, then scroll down to the bottom of the search results page. That's where I'll see a collection of words and phrases that people are using right now to search my topic. The benefit of this approach is that you are getting search terms that people are actually using. Often, you'll be surprised and even inspired.

Work the most appropriate of these search terms into your web page and meta-data and you'll give yourself a real-time leg up on the search engine scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment